Wednesday, October 29, 2008

From the Hills of Los Angeles

My daughter's home in the Eagle Rock section of Los Angeles is just adorable, neat, clean, and modern. The photos she sent did not really represent it as it looks--an ultra-modern, all freshly painted and decorated, roomy two-story home that sits on a terraced hill that makes it, and the homes around it, sit within their own nooks of privacy. If there weren't two very large dogs that bark next door, I would not realize anyone was around. 

All I have done since my arrival has been cooking, some laundry, walking to stores and the library, and, well, a few long baths, and lots of dvd-watching. I am having a wonderful time. Tonight we may go to a Mexican restaurant in Pasadena, although, if they don't arrive soon, it may be too late. The traffic, you know...

My other daughter arrives tomorrow night at LAX, and we are all three going to get our nails done, watch Melanie be fitted for her wedding gown, and then go look at shoes, I think, all on Friday. In the evening the girls are going to two Halloween parties.

Sometime I am supposed to find a mother-of-the-bride dress, too. Ugh.

No comments: