Friday, December 26, 2008

End of a Family Holiday

Yes, we did Christmas, three of my four children, all of my two granddaughters, and way too much eating of chocolate (why did I have to consume a bag of popcorn each night, in addition to everything else?). But we, Taylors, prevailed, and a new year is almost upon us. As we all know, the gifts were not the high point: just being together rocked. But we missed our Melanie and her soon-to-be husband, also a Taylor (and why would I ever change my name back to Cawley?).

Now, back in Valrico, we are still a family, but just Sean and Robin, and my big brother, Pat, are here, for another few days. Then, each of us will return to our separate lives, enriched by our time spent together. 

That 15 foot tree, or whatever it is, is waiting to be stripped and put away, the weeds in the yard are waiting to be pulled, and I have to start packing for my next adventure.

Joy.

No comments: