Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oh dear, and here it is June 21st. It is 97 degrees outside, so I guess I will go swim in my pool by myself. Last night I was awakened at around 3 am to the smell of something burning: seems my upstairs roommate decided to cook something but forgot about it, and left it in the oven. I can't wait to see the electric bill, but, fortunately, he shares it with me. Just one more interesting aspect of being a landlady.

I had a wonderful morning, yesterday, swimming with my son and his family in their new pool: it has these neat fountains, and a waterfall, and now I want that stuff, too. I, probably, won't get them, but I will check it out. I am still hoping to get solar heating for my old pool so that I can use it more than just a few months in the summer. I do hate to swim in cold water, and seldom do it, like never.

My home updating program is ongoing, and I have a guy replacing my floors: he is taking more than two weeks to do it, however. I wish I had gone with a larger company, paid a little more, and had it done in a few days: this has been way too long with no furniture to sit on, a stranger working in my home, and a bunch of tools in my garage forcing me to park outside: I am a very frequent "garage parker" person. This week I am getting estimates for the countertops, and then I think my money will be gone.

This will leave me with a lot of painting to do. I did have a sort of boyfriend who was helping me, but his interest in painting has progressively waned to none, and the relationship, or quasi-relationship, is in the process of dying a natural death. During these death gasps, no painting got done, so I am faced with finishing it myself. Yuck. And I borrowed a tall ladder from a friend, and I have to give it back as soon as I can.

And the yard just keeps on growing--and it is too hot to even go outside. So I keep spraying it with grass killer so that I won't have to mow it.

I need a vacation.

No comments: